Add a Wildflower Site
If you have a wildflower site you would like to add to the trail, please download the Site Information Form.
View the Wildflower Trail Site Information Form Download Form
Find a Friends Group
Green Tides has a list of green space volunteer groups in the Adur and Worthing area.
Adopt A Verge
West Sussex County Council is setting up a Community Road Verges Scheme which will enable local people to adopt a verge. For more information contact the Stakeholder and Partnerships Team at email@example.com.
Creating a Wildflower Meadow in your Garden | Sussex Wildlife Trust
- A great article by Michael Blencowe of the Sussex Wildlife Trust, documenting how he transformed his modest front lawn into a beautiful wildflower meadow to help support pollinators.
Wildflower advice. | Sussex Wildlife Trust
- Some general advice on creating and maintaining wildflower meadows and why they are important.
How to grow wildflowers | Grow Wild
- A step by step guide to growing wildflowers, from planning your patch all the way through to saving seed.
Useful links to learn more
Wildflowers and meadows in the South East | National Trust
- The National Trust lists sites across the South East where you can enjoy wildflower meadow walks and also includes some information on creating your own wildflower meadow.
Discover Wild Plants | Plantlife
- A variety of resources to help you identify wildflowers and various other plants and fungi. Also includes information on how to take part in “The Great British Wildflower Hunt” a national event that takes place every Spring and Summer.
Wildflowers | Woodland Trust
- A selection of wildflowers and plants that thrive in woodland settings.
Pollinators | Buglife
- A brief outline explaining why pollinators are so important to the environment as a whole and to our overall food security.
Gardening advice | The Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- General gardening advice to help you support your local bee populations with bee friendly plants, broken down into seasonal planting for sunny and shady areas.
Gardening for bees | Friends of the Earth
- A useful guide to various ways you can support pollinators in your garden.
Gardening for butterflies | The Butterfly Conservation Trust
- Gardening advice for attracting butterflies to your garden.